Senior Systems & Software Engineers, Melbourne
Senior Systems & Software Engineers
We are growing, and we are looking for a self-driven individual responsible for the development of in-house IT capability and subsequent support of relevant IT platforms to facilitate ZEN’s participation in the Wholesale and Retail energy markets.
You will be working in a small team of motivated people providing requirements gathering, design and specification and the development, testing and subsequent support of fit-for-purpose code to meet business needs of ZEN Energy.
Office arrangements are typically flexible requiring independent initiative and good communication habits.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Requirements gathering, high level design, low level design, development, unit testing and integration testing.
- Coordination with key stakeholders to facilitate UAT and PVT
- Coordinate with IT vendors to ensure effective application services and reliability
- Unit and regression testing, and support for the development of test cases for UAT and PVT
- Adhering to best practices system architecture and coding standards
- Example initiatives:
– Online portal for customers
– Contracting and settlement system
– Pricing system development
- Identify, evaluate, and implement improvements; be a leader and a driver of enterprise architecture and IT landscape innovation and excellence
- Engage effectively with technical data /analytics partners (vendors) as solutions are designed and implemented.
- Supporting colleagues to improve their confidence and competence in relevant skillsets
- Through constant learning, maintain and develop one’s own technical and domain knowledge
- Ensuring bespoke systems are reliable and steady
- Supporting operational staff to implement the changes in relevant system
- Application maintenance, continuous improvement, hot and cold fixes.
Above all else, you will be experienced in IT systems and platforms within the National Energy market. You have passion and initiative and be able to fit into a dynamic team
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, mathematics, engineering or other relevant quantitative discipline (postgraduate preferred)relevant field/discipline
- 2-5 years’ work experience (Software Engineer)
- Technical abilities:
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in understanding complex problems and able to design innovative solutions;
- Project and Change Management skills to facilitate the implementation of analytics and systems-driven business improvements
- Ability to multi-task and possess strong commercial acumen;
- Passion and initiative, an eye-for-detail, and be outcome driven;
- Proven ability to negotiate and think on your feet in tough situations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver on strict deadlines;
- Ability to engage effectively with relevant internal and external stakeholders, with clear presentation and explanation of complex information;
You may have
- Experience in Energy industry is essential
- A strong interest in the transition to renewable energy and in learning the relevant skills required to make a practical contribution to the future of the industry
Application close: 2nd of June 2022.
We’re in a time of great transformation. A time that requires all of us to innovate, to be agile, to take risks, and to be willing to invest in our future. Innovation, creativity, and industriousness is in the very DNA of Australians. And it is these very strengths that drive the success of ZEN Energy.
Every Australian should have access to affordable, renewable energy. This is no longer negotiable.
ZEN has a no-blame culture, where we encourage our teams to embrace change and run towards fires, not away from them. We are all motivated to contribute to our world through making positive change within the communities that we work.
The change that we want to make starts with our people. We abide by a set of robust and straightforward values:
- We approach our business through open and honest communication.
- We seek out genuine collaboration and fun at work; and
- We strive for excellence in everything we do.
We currently have offices in Adelaide and Melbourne, with business support capabilities in Sydney and Brisbane. We are constantly expanding our client and partner base and are focused on growing throughout Australia.
We are proud of our culture and our conduct.
We have a very clear policy and code of conduct. This code covers the need to act in an ethical way in all our business dealings; in the communities we serve, with our customers, with our suppliers and towards governments and governing bodies.
Our code of conduct stipulates the need to act ethically in our dealings. It requires “honesty, respect, fairness and a courteous manner in all dealings with customers, clients, co-workers, suppliers, management and the general public;”
Every member of our team is required to accept our code of conduct prior to commencing employment with the business. Any breach of this code is regarded as a breach of employment contract.